Asim Saleem Bajwa is a retired Lieutenant General. From 2016 to 2017, he was DG Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR). After he retired, Asif Ghafoor took over for him. In 2017, Asim was in charge of the Southern Command. He is currently the Chairman of the CPEC authority and a special assistant to the Prime Minister for Information and Broadcasting. This article has everything you need to know about Saleem Bajwa, such as the Asim Saleem Bajwa Biography.
Asim Bajwa Short Biography
|Name:||Asim Saleem Bajwa|
|In Urdu:||عاصم سلیم باجوہ|
|Alma Mater:||National Defence University|
|Profession:||Chairman CPEC and Former DGISPR|
|Awards :||He Bagged Various Awards|
|Parents:||Muhammad Saleem Bajwa|
|Siblings :||Taloot Saleem Bajwa and Tanveer Saleem Bajwa|
|Years of service:||1984 – 2019|
|Awards:||Tambgha-e-Basalat and Hilal-i-Imtiaz|
Asim Saleem Bajwa Biography
Asim is a former military officer who held important positions. He was the Inspector General of Arms at General Head Quarter while he was in the military. After he retired, he became more important when he was named Chairman of the CPEC authority for four years. It was because CPEC was having trouble in the area. People say that CPEC will change everything for Pakistan, so this job is very important.
He just got a new job as the prime minister’s special assistant for information and broadcasting.
Asim Bajwa Age
Bajwa was born in Sadiqabad on November 13.
57 years old.
Asim Saleem Bajwa Biography Family
Asim Bajwa is Saleem Bajwa’s son. He is Taloot Bajwa and Tanveer Bajwa’s brother. Asim is a married man with three kids.
Asim Saleem Bajwa Biography of Education
Asim Saleem is a well-educated, skilled worker. He finished Command and Staff College in Quetta. Later, he went to National Defense University and got a Master’s degree in War studies. He also went to King’s College London to study Defense Studies.
Asim Saleem Bajwa Biography Professional Career
Asim Bajwa Initial Career
Asim has worked in many different jobs. He has worked in the army in many important jobs. In 1984, he was put in charge of the 34 Punjab Regiment at Pakistan Military Academy Kakul and joined the army.
He has been in charge of a unit that fights tanks, a division of infantry, and a brigade of infantry. As Chief of Staff at Strike Corps, one of his most important jobs was as a brigade major in an infantry brigade. Asim has also taught classes at PMA Kakul and the Command and Staff College in Quetta.
Asim Saleem Bajwa Biography As a Major General
Before he was made a major general, he was the President of Pakistan’s military secretary. He was given the rank of major general in 2010, and then lieutenant general in 2015. He also helped Musharraf write “In the Line of Fire,” the title of his book. After Athar Abbas left his job as DG ISPR on June 4, 2012, he was given the job. Between 2002 and 2006, he worked as DG ISPR. In 2016, he was named Inspector General of Arms at GHQ and then Commander of Pakistan Army’s Southern Command.
Asim Saleem Bajwa Biography As a DG ISPR
He was able to bring ISPR up to date and give it more responsibilities. After the attack on APS, ISPR put out the song
“Bara Dushman Bana Pirta Hai,”
which showed how cowardly the terrorists were. During operation Zarb-e-Azab, he spoke to the national and international press many times. During his time in office, ISPR worked with director Bilal Lashari to make the film Waar, which made the army look better.
General Kiyani gave Asim the job of DG ISPR in 2012, after General Athar Abbas had retired. As the Director General of ISPR, Asim got along well with the media. He was the one who made General Raheel Sharif look “bigger than life.” After a few years as DG ISPR, he was the only three-star general to hold that position.
Chairman CPEC Authority
In 2019, Asim Bajwa was given a four-year job as the head of the CPEC authority. He was given the job right before Imran Khan’s important trip to China. An ordinance from the government gave them the power to make sure the CPEC projects are safe and get done on time. A lot of power is given to the chairman to get information about CPEC. He also has the power to punish people who don’t do what they are told to do.
On the one hand, it was thought to be important for the safety of the project. On the other hand, the opposition said it went against the power of the parliament. In a meeting, CPEC’s chairman, Asim Bajwa, said that the project was not about politics. He said that CPEC will make the country even stronger.
He said that the plans for Khunjrab and Gwadar were done and that the link routes would be finished in a few months. People say that CPEC will lead to a lot of jobs, industrialization, and economic growth in the country.
Special Assistant on Information to Prime Minister
Asim was recently given a new job as a Special Assistant to the Prime Minister. Firdous Ashiq Awan was the one who held the job before him. Fawad Choudhry, who was in charge of the portfolio when the government first started, made the announcement. A senior member of the PTI, Shibli Faraz, was also named Minister of Information and Broadcasting.
Many members of the party congratulated the Minister and his Special Assistant, Asim Bajwa. Indian Media said that the news of Asim’s appointment did not go over well with the people in power in India. When he was DG ISPR, he had already done a number of important jobs, so the Indian Establishment was well aware of his skills.
Asim Saleem Bajwa Biography of Awards
Asim has been awarded with Tamgha-e-Basalt and Hila-e-Imtiaz for his services to the army.
Asim Saleem Bajwa Business
Documents in the report listed ownership of 133 Papa John’s franchises in the US and the UAE, together with several other properties in the US, Canada, UAE, and Pakistan. Asim Bajwa initially rejected the report completely.
The rise to power of retired general Asim Saleem Bajwa, who is now chairman of a huge infrastructure project funded by China and a special assistant to the prime minister, is directly linked to the growth of the Bajwa family’s business empire in the United States and, later, in Pakistan.
- Asim Bajwa’s younger brothers opened their first Papa John’s pizza shop in 2002, the same year he became a lieutenant colonel on General Pervez Musharraf’s staff.
- Nadeem Bajwa, 53, started out as a delivery driver for the pizza restaurant franchise. He, his brothers, and Asim Bajwa’s wife and sons now own a business empire with 99 companies in four countries, including a pizza franchise with 133 restaurants worth an estimated $39.9 million. Out of the 99 companies, 66 are the main ones, 33 are branches of some of the main ones, and 5 are no longer in business.
- The companies owned by the Bajwa family spent an estimated $52.2 million to build up their businesses and $14.5 million to buy homes in the U.S., all while Asim Bajwa and his department were trying to get Pakistanis to invest in their country, which isn’t very well developed. Bajco Group was the name of a group of companies that did business with the Bajwa family.
- After Asim Bajwa became director general of ISPR and commander of the Southern Command in 2015, his sons started working for companies in the Bajco Group. They also started their own companies in Pakistan and the US, which were not part of the Bajco Group.
- From the beginning, Asim’s wife had shares in all of the foreign businesses. As of right now, Asim’s wife, Farrukh Zeba, is involved with or owns shares in 85 companies, including 82 companies in other countries. US state government records and other company records show that some of these American companies, which are all owned by Asim’s wife Farrukh Zeba, also have investments in real estate and own thirteen commercial properties in the US, including two shopping centers. The businesses and properties of these companies that Farrukh Zeba owns together are estimated to be worth $52.7 million as of right now.
- Asim Bajwa, who works as a special assistant to Prime Minister Imran Khan, signed a declaration of assets and debts in June. In it, he said that his wife owned an investment worth $18,468 (3.1 million rupees). Asim said that he and his wife have no “Immovable Property Held Outside Pakistan.” Asim also said very clearly that neither he nor his wife have any “Business Capital outside Pakistan.” Asim could not have written “NIL” in the column for “Business Capital Outside Pakistan” if he wanted to list his wife’s investments in the United States. He would have written Rs3.1 million in the column for “Investments.” Asim Bajwa is now also the chairman of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor. He is 57 years old.
Asim Saleem Bajwa Family Background
- The six Bajwa brothers and their three sisters came from a middle-class family in a small town in Southern Punjab. When they were young, tragedy struck their family.
- Their doctor father, Muhammad Saleem Bajwa, started out working for the government in the early 1950s. In 1960, he moved to Sadikabad and started working at Millat Hospital, a small private hospital. On November 25, 1976, Bajwa was on a Karachi express train when he was shot and killed.
- At the time of his death, his family owned a few acres of farmland, a house in Sadiqabad, shares in a drug company, and a few shops in the city. The brother of their father had to help them pay for family costs.
- Tanvir and Taloot, the two oldest sons, followed in their father’s footsteps and became doctors. They worked in different cities in Punjab. In 1984, Asim, the third son, joined the army. Nadeem and Faisal, two brothers, finished their education at Punjab University in Lahore and moved to the United States at the beginning of the 1990s. Abdul Malik, the youngest brother, went to the U.S. in 2002.
Management of worldwide businesses through a Parent company
A few months after the military dictator promoted Asim Bajwa to brigade rank in 2007, the Bajco companies were put under the control of one parent company, Bajco Global Management LLC, which was registered in both the U.S. and Pakistan. Documents from this parent company show that Asim Bajwa’s wife, Farrukh Zeba, and his five brothers are all equal shareholders in the businesses of Bajco Group. Farrukh Zeba is a housewife who has never worked in the business world.
Asim didn’t answer when we asked him through different WhatsApp messages and a Twitter post if his wife has any bank accounts in the U.S. and why he said that he and his wife don’t have any business capital outside of Pakistan.
Indian attack on CPEC and role of RAW
After questions were raised about Bajwa’s family business empire, a campaign was started in print and on social media to connect those with questions with the Research and Analysis Wing, India’s foreign intelligence agency. Questions about the former general’s family’s properties in the U.S. were called an attack on the CPEC project and a plot by India, even though neither of those things were true. Asim’s son tweeted blogs and pictures that made it look like the author of this story worked for the Indian agency RAW and was part of India’s attack on the CPEC.
Social Media Accounts
His social media accounts include
FAQs about Asim Saleem Bajwa Biography
How many Papa John’s does Bajwa own?
In the report, there were details about who owned 133 Papa John’s restaurants in the US and the UAE, as well as other properties in the US, Canada, the UAE, and Pakistan. At first, Asim Bajwa completely rejected the report.
|BlackRock Fund Advisors||9.82%||3,471,420|
|T. Rowe Price Investment Manageme…||9.53%||3,366,743|
|The Vanguard Group, Inc.||8.37%||2,957,642|
|Starboard Value LP||7.81%||2,759,360|
|Papa Johns headquarters in Cumberland, Georgia|
|Headquarters||Jeffersontown, Kentucky, U.S. Cumberland, Georgia, U.S.|
|Number of locations||5,400 (December 2020)|
|Key people||Robert M. Lynch (President & CEO) Max Wetzel (CMO) Jim Norberg (COO)|
|Products||Pizza, chicken wings, dessert|