Netflix is a streaming service with a lot of great content, including original shows and movies. With increasing membership fees and tough economic times, not everyone can afford a subscription, but there are some Best Netflix Alternatives for free.
These are the 4 Best Netflix Alternatives apps that are easy to use, play on a variety of devices, and offer tons of visual entertainment. You don’t need a special streaming device to play free movies and TV shows. These services have mobile apps so you can start a show on your smartphone or tablet and stream it to a Smart TV.
T-Mobile Best Netflix Alternative
T-Mobile includes a Netflix account at no additional cost, but the offer is not available to all customers. If you opt for a plan that doesn’t require a credit check or a prepaid plan, the free Netflix deal is off the table.
You can get your Netflix for free through T-Mobile, but again, this doesn’t apply to all countries as it’s a US-based service. So if you want to use it, follow these steps:
- Sign up for a plan with T-Mobile.
- Don’t go for a prepaid or no-credit-check plan.
- Add at least one extra line to your plan. The free Netflix offer is only available if you have at least two lines.
- Access the Netflix On Us feature.
- Wait for a text message from T-Mobile and follow the instructions.
As per Lifewire, you should also be aware of T-Mobile plans as they may change their terms and conditions.
KODI Best Netflix Alternative
Kodi is an application used as a hub for countless streaming services that allow you to watch your favorite movies, TV shows, and live streams for free. It’s like heaven for all those free streaming services you love.
With Kodi, you can just find everything in one place.
HOW DOES KODI WORK?
Downloading and installing Kodi is easy. The app itself can be downloaded from the Kodi website.
After successfully downloading the app, users can add plugins to start browsing different streaming services.
- The easiest way to get plugins is to just download them from a pre-setup repository like SuperRepo. To do this, just go to System, then File Manager, then select the part that says Add Source, click the part that says None, type https://srp.nu, and then enter SuperRepo as the media source name. Click OK.
- Next go to the part that says System, select Settings, select Install from Zip file, select SuperRepo, select the same version as the installed Kodi, select all, then click install. This should install SuperRepo.
- To set up add-ons, just go back to System, Settings, click Add-ons, select Install from Repository, then select SuperRepo, then Video add-ons, then any plugin from the list. Next, go to Video and then Video Add-ons. However, note that some of these
plugins need to be updated on the first launch.
Congratulations! You can now start streaming your favorite movies and TV shows.
Crackle Best Netflix Alternative
If you’re looking for original content, check out Crackle. Sponsored by Sony Pictures, offers new and iconic hits. You don’t need a subscription to watch Crackle Premium Movies and TV Shows, but a free account will come with fewer ads and the ability to watch a show on multiple devices.
How to activate a Crackle account?
- If you have a Crackle app, you can activate it by entering an activation code at Crackle.com/Activate on your computer or mobile device.
- If you don’t have your activation code, there are several ways to find it, depending on your device:
- When you open the Crackle app for the first time, a pop-up window will appear giving you the option to “Activate Your Device” or “Bypass”. When you select “Activate your device”, you will be shown the activation code.
- You can also get an activation code by selecting “My Crackle” from the menu bar and then selecting the “Activation” option.
- Enter the activation code at Crackle.com/Activate
Crackle’s supported devices include Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Chromecast. It also plays on PlayStation, Xbox, smart TVs, and mobile devices
Perfect for Streaming Devices: Tubi
Tubi offers thousands of movies and TV shows on demand. As with most free streaming services, Tubi doesn’t offer the latest releases of major box office movies. However, you will find some interesting titles. The search function in Tubi is amazing. Type in a few characters or a random word and you’ll see a strange list of interesting and unknown titles
How to sign up and log in Tubi account?
You can register or sign in to your account on any device where the Tubi app is available! Please follow the steps below, based on the type of device you are using.
How to Register/Log in on the Web at tubitv.com:
Click the Register button in the top right corner of your screen. If you already have a Tubi account, select Sign In to the right of Sign In.
- Choose whether you want to sign up via Facebook, Google, or email.
- Fill out all the fields shown and click on Register below.
- You will then receive a welcome email confirming that your registration is complete!
Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking the link in your welcome email.
How to Register/Log in on your Mobile Device:
Whether you own an Android or iOS mobile device, please follow the steps below:
- First, ensure the Tubi app is downloaded to your device. You can find the app in the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
- Once downloaded, open the Tubi app.
- From the Tubi homepage, tap the “My Stuff” icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen. Then tap the “Unlock Now” button.
- After selecting “Unlock Now”, Select your desired method for registering: via Google, Facebook, Apple, or Email. If you already have an account, please select “Sign In” located towards the bottom of the screen.
- If you tapped on Register via Email: enter your Name, Birthday, Gender, Email, and Password. Please note that the password must be at least 6 characters. Once the form is filled out tap on the Register button and you’ll be all set!
Tubi is available on 10 streaming devices. You’ll find Tubi on popular Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox, Playstation, and Chromecast devices. It’s also available for TiVO, Android TV, Xfinity, and Cox Contour.
Hopefully, you now know the Best Netflix Alternatives. However, as mentioned, the free options are limited to certain countries. If you have friends who are desperate for free Movies, please share them.
That’s it for this article. If you have something to learn you never knew, leave a comment below!